Years ago, a friend brought over pumpkin soup for a potluck dinner.
This was in the days before butternut squash and all forms of squash were a hit with the masses. Not one person over that night had ever heard of pumpkin soup before. Not quite sure of this thick orange soup, we all tentatively tried it. By the end of the night, it became a new favourite fall soup!
While a soup recipe has nothing to do with my business, it is part of my new Warrior ways. Eating healthy, home-cooked meals instead of store bought has always been my way. I started reading food labels when my kids were young. I still make all of my meals from scratch and especially home made soups!
So, without further ado, here’s the recipe. I hope you try it and enjoy!
Super Easy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 2 cups cooked or canned pumpkin
- 1 onion
- 1 cups chicken broth or 2 tbsp Better than Broth (chicken) in 1 cup water
- 1-2 heaping tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp mild to medium curry
- 1-2 cup cream or 1 can coconut milk (depending on desired thickness, taste and calories)
- Dice onion and pan fry till tender.
- Puree pumpkin and onion, slowly adding broth.
- Pour into sauce pan and add spices and cream / coconut milk.
- Heat to desired temperature.
- Top with croutons, toasted coconut, pumpkin seeds, or crispy onions and serve!