- Acta Trop. 2015 May;145:31-8. doi: 10.1016/j.actatropica.2015.02.002. Epub 2015 Feb 17. Combinations of ascaridole, carvacrol, and caryophyllene oxide against Leishmania. Pastor J1, García M1, Steinbauer S2, Setzer WN3, Scull R4, Gille L2, Monzote L5
- Synergistic and Additive Effect of Oregano Essential Oil and Biological Silver Nanoparticles against Multidrug-Resistant Bacterial Strains. Scandorieiro S, de Camargo LC, Lancheros CA, Yamada-Ogatta SF, Nakamura CV, de Oliveira AG, Andrade CG, Duran N, Nakazato G, Kobayashi RK. Front Microbiol. 2016 May 23;7:760. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2016.00760. eCollection 2016
- Chem Biodivers. 2011 May;8(5):924-36. doi: 10.1002/cbdv.201000230. Essential oils of medicinal plants from the central andes of Argentina: chemical composition, and antifungal, antibacterial, and insect repellent activities. Lima B1, López S, Luna L, Agüero MB, Aragón L, Tapia A, Zacchino S, López ML, Zygadlo J, Feresin GE.
- Oregano Essential Oil Improves Intestinal Morphology and Expression of Tight Junction Proteins Associated with Modulation of Selected Intestinal Bacteria and Immune Status in a Pig Model. Zou Y, Xiang Q, Wang J, Peng J, Wei H
- J Agric Food Chem. 2014 Aug 6;62(31):7652-70. doi: 10.1021/jf5023862. Epub 2014 Jul 24. Chemistry and multibeneficial bioactivities of carvacrol (4-isopropyl-2-methylphenol), a component of essential oils produced by aromatic plants and spices. Friedman M1
- Planta Med 2008; 74 – Pi29 Antiparasitic activity of carvacrol obtained from Thymus caramanicus Jalas. A Yazdanyar, SH Zavareh, M Zangeneh Department of Infectious Diseases, School of Medicine, Islamic Azad 2Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Boo-Ali Sina University of Medical Science, Hamedan, Iran
- Antimicrobial activity of essential oils of cultivated oregano (Origanum vulgare), sage (Salvia officinalis), and thyme (Thymus vulgaris) against clinical isolates of Escherichia coli, Klebsiella oxytoca, and Klebsiella pneumoniae. Fournomiti M, Kimbaris A, Mantzourani I, Plessas S, Theodoridou I, Papaemmanouil V, Kapsiotis I, Panopoulou M, Stavropoulou E, Bezirtzoglou EE, Alexopoulos A. Microb Ecol Health Dis. 2015 Apr 15;26:23289. doi: 10.3402/mehd.v26.23289. eCollection 2015
- J Med Microbiol. 2007 Apr;56(Pt 4):519-23. Effects of oregano, carvacrol and thymol on Staphylococcus aureus and Staphylococcus epidermidis biofilms. Nostro A, Sudano Roccaro A, Bisignano G, Marino A, Cannatelli MA, Pizzimenti FC, Cioni PL, Procopio F, Blanco AR
- Phytomedicine. 2014 Jul-Aug;21(8-9):1048-52. doi: 10.1016/j.phymed.2014.03.002. Epub 2014 Apr 24. Antileishmanial activity of essential oil from Chenopodium ambrosioides and its main components against experimental cutaneous leishmaniasis in BALB/c mice. Monzote L, Pastor J, Scull R, Gille L
- Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2015 Aug;59(8):4584-92. doi: 10.1128/AAC.00551-15. Epub 2015 May 26. The Monoterpene Carvacrol Generates Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress in the Pathogenic Fungus Candida albicans. Chaillot J, Tebbji F, Remmal A, Boone C, Brown GW, Bellaoui M, Sellam A.
- Onco Targets Ther. 2016 Apr 18;9:2297-304. doi: 10.2147/OTT.S98875. eCollection 2016. Carvacrol suppresses proliferation and invasion in human oral squamous cell carcinoma. Dai W, Sun C, Huang S, Zhou Q
- Curr Pharm Des. 2008;14(29):3106-19. Biological and pharmacological activities of carvacrol and carvacrol bearing essential oils. Baser Kh1
CAD $15.50 – CAD $31.50
Name: Oregano oil
Species: Origanum vulgare
Method: Steam Distilled
Class: Phenolic ester
Traditional uses: gastrointestinal infections, food poisoning, de-worming, cold and flue, asthma, bronchitis, congestion, coughs, fungal infections, athlete’s foot, head lice, gingivitis, ringworm, yeast infections, candida, skin parasites, diabetes
Thought to be: antioxidant, anti-fungal, antibacterial, anti-parasite, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, anti-rheumatic, antiseptic, anti-tumor, antimicrobial, anti-mutagenic, antigenotixic, analgesic, insecticidal, hepatoprotective
Oregano essential oil contains Vitamin E, calcium, magnesium, zinc, iron, potassium, copper, boron, manganese, and niacin. Its’ actions alone make this a very useful and powerful essential oil. Our oregano contains 80% carvacrol, one of the highest you will find. Carvacrol is a powerful antimicrobial, useful against a wide variety (over 25) of fungi and bacteria. Scientific studies on human tumor cells have carvacrol inhibiting cancer cells from multiplying. It has been shown to be effective against various strains of Candida. New studies are exploring its use in treating the Chagas and leishmaniasis parasites, both tropical diseases caused from bites from sandflies and other bugs. Carvacrol has been studied for treatment of E.Coli, staph infections, salmonella and more. A must have for every home!
Ways to use:
- Massage: no more than 1.1% dilution in carrier oil such as fractionated coconut, sunflower, etc.
- Baths: add 2-12 drops into 1 tsp of honey, milk or carrier oil then add to water.
- Lotion or soaps: add 15-20 drops per 30mL of unscented base. Patch test first!
Components: please ask us for a current GC/MS
|Dimensions||2.8 × 2.8 × 6.7 cm|