- Seol, G., Shim, H., Kim, P., & Moon, H. (2010). Antidepressant -like effect of Salvia sclarea is explained by modulation of dopamine activities in rats. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 130(1), 187–190.
- Clary sage oil increases both dopamine and serotonin levels, and these effects are thought to explain its notable antidepressant action (Lee et al 2014, Seol et al 2010)
- Lee, K.B., Cho, E., & Kang, Y.S. (2014). Changes in 5-hydroxytryptamine and cortisol plasma levels in menopausal women after inhalation of clary sage oil. Phytotherapy Research, 28(11), 1599–1605.
- Effect of aromatherapy on symptoms of dysmenorrhea (menstrual cramping) in college students: A randomized placebo controlled clinical trial SH Han, MH Hur, J Buckle, J Choi… – Journal of Alternative & …, 2006 – online.liebertpub.com
- Cell growth inhibitory action of an unusual labdane diterpene, 13-epi-sclareol in breast and uterine cancers in vitro KV Sashidhara, JN Rosaiah, A Kumar… – Phytotherapy …, 2007 – researchgate.net
- Labd-14-ene-8, 13-diol (sclareol) induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in human breast cancer cells and enhances the activity of anticancer drugs K Dimas, M Papadaki, C Tsimplouli… – Biomedicine & …, 2006 – Elsevier
- Dimas, Kostas; Kokkinopoulos, Dimitrios; Demetzos, Costas; Vaos, Basilios; Marselos, Marios; Malamas, Mixalis; Tzavaras, Theodoros (1999). “The effect of sclareol on growth and cell cycle progression of human leukemic cell lines“. Leukemia Research
- K. Dimas; Hatziantoniou, S; Tseleni, S; Khan, H; Georgopoulos, A; Alevizopoulos, K; Wyche, JH; Pantazis, P; Demetzos, C (2007). “Sclareol induces apoptosis in human HCT116 colon cancer cells in vitro and suppression of HCT116 tumor growth in immunodeficient mice”. Apoptosis
- Cytotoxic and antitumor activity of liposome-incorporated sclareol against cancer cell lines and human colon cancer xenografts – S Hatziantoniou, K Dimas, A Georgopoulos… – Pharmacological …, 2006 – Elsevier
- Changes in 5‐ hydroxytryptamine and Cortisol Plasma Levels in Menopausal Women After Inhalation of Clary Sage Oil (antidepressant ) KB Lee, E Cho, YS Kang – Phytotherapy Research, 2014
- Composition and antifungal activity on soil-borne pathogens of the essential oil of Salvia sclarea from Greece D Pitarokili, M Couladis… – Journal of agricultural …, 2002
- Evaluation of the antioxidant and antimicrobial activities of clary sage (Salvia sclarea L.) I Gülçin, MT UĞUZ, M Oktay… – Turkish Journal of …, 2004
Clary Sage Oil
CAD $27.50 – CAD $51.50
Name: Clary sage oil (high sclareol)
Species: Salvia sclarea L., fam Lamiceae
Traditional uses: blood pressure, asthma, colds, bronchitis, sore throat, digestion, dermatitis, acne, menopause, menstrual cramps, muscles spasms, improve memory
Thought to be: anti-depressant, anti-convulsive, antispasmodic, antiseptic, astringent, bactericidal, deodorant, digestive, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-tumour, anti-anxiety
Clary Sage has a fresh and delicate top-note which progresses into a rich sweet-herbaceous body-note of long duration. Its dry-out notes are balsamic-ambra-like, reminiscent of tobacco and sweet hay, tealeaves, with unusual tenacity. High linalyl acetate make this an excellent anti-inflammatory and due to its’ high scareol and carophyllene, it is antimicrobial, antifungal and a promising anti-tumour/anti-cancer essential oil.
- Massage oil: 2.5-5% dilution 15-20 drops/ 30mL of carrier oil such as fractionated coconut, sunflower, etc.
- Diffuser: 5-6 drops in water.
- Baths: add 2-12 drops into tsp of honey, milk or carrier oil. Add directly to bath water or mix into 1 cup of bath salts of your choice
- Lotion, soap or shampoo: add 15-20 drops per 30mL of unscented base/lotion.
- Linalyl acetate (58.00%)
- Linalool (20.00%)
- Sclareol (3.95%)
- Geranyl acetate (3.78%)
- Terpineol (alpha) (3.16%)
- Nervyl acetate (2.12%)
- Carophyllene (1.79%)
- Myrcene (1.68%)
- Ocimene E beta (1.07%)
- Germacrene (0.66%)
- Ocimene Z beta (0.55%)
- Limonene (0.30%)
Blends well with: Bergamot, Orange, Cypress, Lemon, Geranium, Lavender, Juniper, and Frankincense.
|Dimensions||2.8 × 2.8 × 6.7 cm|