CAD $9.50 – CAD $13.50
Name: Camphor oil, White
Species: Cinnamomum camphora
Method: Steam Distilled
Traditional uses: cough, pain, itch
Thought to be: stimulant, antispasmodic, antiseptic, decongestant, anesthetic, sedative, anti-inflammatory, insecticidal, antifungal, anti-oxidant
Camphor oil, White, China has a somewhat medicinal nose-opening clean aroma. This lot is from a high camphor chemotype with camphor confirmed 29.9 to 31 %. It also contains significant eucalyptol peaks around 20 percent. Highly recommended in aromatherapy for respiratory congestion.
Cautions: Can be toxic if ingested
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: The safety of applying camphor to the skin during pregnancy or breast-feeding is unknown. Avoid using camphor during pregnancy.
Children: Camphor is POSSIBLY UNSAFE in children when applied pure to the skin. Children tend to be more sensitive to the side effects. Camphor is definitely UNSAFE when taken by mouth. Seizures and death can occur if these products are eaten.
Liver disease: Taking camphor by mouth or applying pure camphor to the skin have been linked to potential liver damage.
Ways to use:
- Massage oil: 2.5-5% dilution 15-20 drops/ 30mL of carrier oil such as fractionated coconut, sunflower, etc.
- Diffuser: 5-6 drops in water.
- Baths: add 2-12 drops into 1 tsp of honey or carrier oil. Optionally mix with epsom or Dead Sea salt and add to bath water.
- Lotion or shampoo: add 15-20 drops per 30mL of unscented base/lotion.
- Cough: Camphor is FDA-approved as a chest rub in concentrations less than 11%.
- Pain: Camphor is FDA-approved for use on the skin as a painkiller in concentrations of 3% to 11%.
- Skin itch: FDA-approved for use on the skin to help itching or irritation in concentrations of 3% to 11%
- Camphor,β-Linalool (24.099%)
- Eucalyptol (15.723%)
- alpha-Terpinol (11.204%)
- Caryophyllene (4.957%)
- Selina-6-en-4-ol (5.724%)
- beta-Phellandrene (3.394%)
Blends well with: Eucalyptus, Rosemary, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Geranium
View Essential Oil FAQ, Contraindications, and other information HERE.