- Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles using Citrus sinensis peel extract and its antibacterial activity S Kaviya, J Santhanalakshmi, B Viswanathan… – … Acta Part A: Molecular …, 2011 – Elsevie
- Essential oils and anxiolytic aromatherapy. WN Setzer – Natural product communications, 2009 – europepmc.org
- Effect of aromatherapy on patients with Alzheimer’s disease. Jimbo D1, Kimura Y, Taniguchi M, Inoue M, Urakami K.
- A Treatment by Herbal Approach. Bisht, M Suneja, MF Singh, SP Rathore – GDJPR, Oct-Dec, 2013 – gdjpr.com
- Effectiveness of antimicrobial formulations for acne based on orange (Citrus sinensis) and sweet basil (Ocimum basilicum L) essential oils]. Matiz G, Osorio MR, Camacho F, Atencia M, Herazo J. Biomedica. 2012 Jan-Mar;32(1):125-33. doi: 10.1590/S0120-41572012000100014. (Spanish)
- Radical-scavenging activities of citrus essential oils and their components: detection using 1, 1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl HS Choi, HS Song, H Ukeda… – Journal of agricultural …, 2000 – ACS Publications
- Antimicrobial activity of crude extract of citrus hystrix and citrus maxima a abirami, g nagarani, p siddhuraju
- Antifungal activity of lemon (Citrus lemon L.), mandarin (Citrus reticulata L.), grapefruit (Citrus paradisi L.) and orange (Citrus sinensis L.) essential oils M Viuda-Martos, Y Ruiz-Navajas, J Fernández-López… 2008 – Elsevier
- Effects of Citrus sinensis (L.) Osbeck epicarp essential oil on growth and morphogenesis of Aspergillus niger (L.) Van Tieghem (antifungal) N Sharma, A Tripathi – Microbiological Research, 2008 – Elsevier
Dark Orange Oil
Name: Orange oil, Dark
Species: Citrus sinensis
Thought to be: anti-inflammatory, anti-depressant, antispasmodic, antiseptic, diuretic, sedative
When we were in Belize, we drove past acres and acres of orange groves and dozens of trucks loaded to the brim with the fruits. They tasted and smelled tart, strong and fresh. It was a shame to leave those wonderful oranges behind when we came home. However, we were pleasantly surprised to find an essential oil made from Belize oranges and had to place an order! This dark orange essential oils is rich and slightly more tart than our blood orange essential oil.
- Massage oil: best if blended in small amounts with other essential oils then use a 2.5-5% dilution (15-20 drops/ 30mL of carrier oil such as fractionated coconut, sunflower, etc)
- Diffuser: 5-6 drops in water
- Lotion, soaps, shampoo: add 5 drops per 30mL of unscented base/lotion
- Blend with or Eucalyptus or Balsam Fir for congestion or bronchial problems
- Blend with Lavender and/or Frankincense and add to lotions, body butters, bath bombs, or bath salts
- Add it to dish soap or our 4 Thieves Spray to perk up the scent.
|Dimensions||2.8 × 2.8 × 6.7 cm|