Dental problems are a seemingly inevitable fact of life, especially as we age. Over the years, I have managed to ward off the occasional tooth irritation and avoid costly dental procedures by using this simple spray.
Recipe for tooth and mouth spray:
- 50 mL hydrogen peroxide
- 20 mL colloidal silver
- 30 mL water
- 10 mL MSM
- 5 drops tea tree essential oil
- 6-7 drops peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops of orange essential oil
- *Optional: 5-6 drops of any of the following essential oils: clove, frankincense, thyme, and or eucalyptus.
Add all ingredients to a spray bottle. Shake well before every use as this is not emulsified. Spray on toothbrush before brushing teeth. Can be sprayed on bothersome tooth if needed.
- Effect of aromatherapy with orange essential oil on salivary cortisol and pulse rate in children during dental treatment: A randomized controlled clinical trial – M Jafarzadeh, S Arman, FF Pour – Advanced biomedical research, 2013 – ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- Safety issues relating to the use of hydrogen peroxide in dentistry – LJ Walsh – Australian Dental Journal, 2000
- Anti-helicobacter pylori activities of shoya powder and essential oils of thymus vulgaris and eucalyptus globulus. Esmaeili D1, Mobarez AM, Tohidpour A. Open Microbiol J. 2012;6:65-9. doi: 10.2174/1874285801206010065. Epub 2012 Aug 10.
- Effect of cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum) bark essential oil on the halitosis-associated bacterium Solobacterium moorei and in vitro cytotoxicity. – LeBel G1, Haas B1, Adam AA1, Veilleux MP1, Lagha AB1, Grenier D2. Arch Oral Biol. 2017 Jul 12;83:97-104. doi: 10.1016/j.archoralbio.2017.07.005. [Epub ahead of print]
- The effect of Frankincense in the treatment of moderate plaque-induced gingivitis: a double blinded randomized clinical trial. Khosravi Samani M, Mahmoodian H, Moghadamnia A, Poorsattar Bejeh Mir A, Chitsazan M. Daru. 2011;19(4):288-94.
- The chemical composition and biological activity of clove essential oil, Eugenia caryophyllata (Syzigium aromaticum L. Myrtaceae): a short review – K Chaieb, H Hajlaoui, T Zmantar… – Phytotherapy …, 2007 – Wiley Online Library “… Anaesthetic activity Eugenol is used in a wide range of applications, such as a local anaesthetic in dentistry and as an ingredient in dental cement for temporary fillings … The bio- logical activity of Eugenia caryophyllata oil has been investigated against several parasites. …”
- Anticariogenic and cytotoxic activity of clove essential oil (Eugenia caryophyllata) against a large number of oral pathogens – B Kouidhi, T Zmantar, A Bakhrouf – Annals of microbiology, 2010 – Springer